Thursday, December 9, 2010

Student Final Project Analysis and Critique

The works I chose to look at were "The Wonders of Life" by Emily Graham, "Looking out My Window" by Marty Collins, "Cityscapes: Around the World" by Meagan Aiello, and "The Beauty of Buffalo" by Emily Trzepacz. I chose "Looking out My Window" because the feel of the exhibit was so breathtaking. He took the time to put you in the mood for the exhibit and it felt very relaxing. I feel he put a lot of time and thought into the work and I fully enjoyed it. The mood was also very different than any of the other exhibits I reviewed. The most challenging part of writing the critique was fitting everything I wanted to say into two pages. Marty's work was so well done, I had too much to say. You had to pay close attention to detail and you had to be professional about the things you wanted to say, but overall, I didn't have any difficulties. I think critiquing peers work was enjoyable. We don't have face to face contact with eachother at all, nor do we have access to peers work. So getting to see the results of  a final project, including all the materials we learned through out the semester was very enjoyable. We also got to see creative abilities of fellow students. I would love to see what my peers wrote about my work. I put alot of time and thought into it, so I would love to see what others thought about it. It's always good to see both positive and negative feedback about final works because it leaves room for improvement and thoughts about how we could better future work. I would rate my article a 9 or 10. It focused on all the positives of Marty's work. There wasn't any negative feel about it and I feel that I brought out all the elements of his work that he took the time to emphasize. It's very subjective and doesn't bash him at all. I did enjoy working in this project. Overall, it was very time consuming and somewhat difficult at times, but it was a nice project to work on at the end of the semester. It included ideas and elements that we learned through out the semester, and put it all together as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment