Sunday, December 12, 2010

Final Reflections

  1. When the course started, I expected to learn more about artists and art in general. They were definitely met. I don’t think I’ve ever been this in tuned with art and art history. I had always thought it was boring, but looking at art from beginning until now is so interesting. There are so many areas of art that are looked over because no one may not take the time to understand and think about different elements of art. Through this course, we were slowly able to look at art and artists and reflect upon it and relate it to our own hands on work and text book readings. 
  2. After completing this course, art still has so many meanings. I still feel that art is emotion. Many of the movements and time periods we looked at were based on changes in the world. Art reflected these changes. Emotions were captured in the work. Emotions based on changing times or emotions based on the world at that certain time. Art isn’t concrete and there isn’t anything that we can’t consider art. If imagination is applied as well as emotion, anything created can be considered art. Art isn’t strictly pencil, paints, and paper. It’s captured feelings in an abstract form. 
  3. I still do not have a favorite artist. When I look at artwork, I’m focused on the work and the person who created it doesn’t matter as much as the work I’m looking at. 
  4. I think online courses are extremely time consuming. I’ve done more work for this course than I have any of my other classes. However, that is very beneficial. I can definitely say that our book was the only book I’ve read for the course as opposed to other books for other classes. I really enjoyed this class. There was a heavy work load, but it wasn’t anything too stressful. I would definitely take another online class again. I really learned alot and I am pleased with how the course turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment