Thursday, September 16, 2010

Elements & Principles Project

Capturing images and viewing images related to the elements and principles of art was very interesting and exciting. Through out the process, you were able to see how so many parts of life represent art and it’s fundamentals. Relating them to their principles gives one a better understanding of what art really is. We sometimes overlook the beauty in daily life and taking a second to think about certain elements and how life can be a representation of them was very beautiful. Being able to look at a picture and see so many different artistic principles in it gave me motivation to capture more. Our lives are revolved around art in so many ways and taking a minute to recognize that was alot of fun. My slideshow consists of new photographs I took around my house that give a representation of certain principles and elements. It also consists of pictures that I have taken in the last month that better represent certain elements than items in my house or surroundings. Either way, each picture carries a great importance to it, both artistically and emotionally. They each capture beauty and life in many different ways.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! This project definitely opened my eyes in realizing how art is present in almost everything we come in contact with on a daily basis. Having to actually go out and capture each element and principle helped me fully understand each's meaning, purpose,and contribution to what makes art art. Do you have a link to your slide-show? I'd love to see what pictures you found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's the link for the slideshow! I hope it works..

    http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/aieljl13/?action=view&current=2bb5071d.pbw

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you said that through out the process, you were able to see how so many parts of life represent art and it's fundamentals. This is very true and I feel the same way when I was doing my project. It truely does give a better understanding of what art is. I completely agree with your post in every aspect and I feel the same about when I did my project. It really made me appreciate art so much more and look more into it and see the true beauty of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the balance picture at Times Square
    It really is a balance with a center mid point (like New York is the whole mid point of the U.S) with equal objects surrounding it.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete