Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Color Wheel and Value Scale




  1. It was fun actually being hands on with what we’re learning. Reading text all the time gets tiring but being able to read and then be hands on to get a better understanding it alot more fun. It betters the learning process by being hands on. And with art being more of a physical work, it’s better to put what you’ve learned onto paper. I enjoyed working with different mediums too. Acrylic is one of my favorites as is charcoal. It was interesting to see how one pencil can create so much contrast and have such a strong value to it. Overall, I enjoyed the hands on part of this learning process.
  2. I enjoyed the charcoal the best. I feel that there is so much contrast within one medium that can create an entire picture. Charcoal was also very easy to blend, adding more value to each box. Although it was difficult to make sure no box was the same and each slightly changed as the scale went on, I enjoyed the process. Drawing and shading is one of my favorite ways to create art. Adding texture and value to a picture with a single item is very interesting to me. I also find that I take more time working with one single medium such as charcoal or pencil than acrylic or watercolors.
  3. One of the discoveries I thought was very fascinating was that a famous artist such as Van Gough or Picasso might have done the same activity before they created their works of art. Art takes alot of time, dedication, and practice. They may have done similar exercises as we have also. Practice makes perfect and this was a great way to start the process.
  4. The videos were very helpful. They showed the process for each activity we had to do and served as a good reference in case we had trouble while working. For those who never made a value scale before, the video make the process easy.




No comments:

Post a Comment