Monday, October 4, 2010

Peer Responses

  1. http://abate1.blogspot.com (Abbey Abate)
    http://lostprofetsun.blogspot.com (Jenna Fanara)
  2. Both Abbey and Jenna had pictures that very much represented the elements and principles of art. Each picture seemed as if much thought was put into it. I can see exactly why each picture was used to represent that specific element. Both girls chose pictures that were very meaningful to them. Jenna’s love for nature was seen in alot of pictures and were very beautiful. The colors of the flowers were so bright and beautiful! Abbey also had pictures that were close to the heart, especially the one of her family. Not only did they look at this project as a class assignment, they put elements that represented themselves into it, allowing fellow classmates to learn about them.
  3. Both Jenna and Abbey chose amazing artworks. Many of them were ones that I too felt a connection with or appealed to me. Abbey and I had a few responses that were almost similar when looking at “Bedroom Painting #40” and the sculpture of mother and son. It’s so amazing to see why certain works appeal to different people, but to have similar reasons is awesome! I can see why she feels a connection with the works that she chose and made me even more interested in them. Jenna and I also chose some of the same works. She posted one that I had and also another that I took a picture of but didn’t use for the project. It was interesting to see each of their responses to individual works. Everyone thinks differently and understanding their connection and attachment to certain art is definitely moving in a way. When starting this project, I expected responses and works to be completely different but seeing that two blogs that I chose both contained works that I enjoyed was awesome!
  4. One of the works that Abbey chose, the various pictures with puzzle pieces, definitely caught my eye. I loved puzzles when I was growing up and would spend all day putting them together. Knowing that that interested her too was very cool. But looking deeper into this work, I was curious as to the the missing pieces meant, if anything. I know each are a representation of either American Express, Renyolds Wrap, and Lightbulbs, but is there more behind it than that? I could be wrong, but my interest is definitely piqued. One work that Jenna picked, “Women’s Head”, caught my eye. I wondered the same as she did. What is the purpose of this work? Is it relating to anyone in particular? What was Picasso’s inspiration for this work? These are questions I’d love to know the answers to.
  5. I enjoyed reading peers’ blogs. I found it very worth my time. Knowing others connections to certain works and their feelings towards it is very enriching and makes me look more into art that I love and appreciate. Seeing how art affects others is very interesting. I also found it cool that out of the group of classmates, the two blogs I read both had some of the same works that I chose! Art is full of emotion. Learning about peers’ emotions through their posts is enjoyable for both me and I assume the other classmate. I know I take great interest and spend a lot of time with each project and seeing that others do too and appreciate it just as much as I do makes me want to work harder! Overall, I enjoyed this part of the week!
  6. Reading responses to my own work was relieving! I’m glad classmates got the chance to see how I felt about certain works and how much time and effort I put into my work. Art is a big love of mine and I want others to see how much I enjoy it! I appreciate each response I got for the two projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment